George Soros gave Ivanka's husband's business a $250 million credit line in 2015 per WSJ. Soros is also an investor in Jared's business.

Saturday, December 23, 2017

'I Believe in Father Christmas,' Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, 1975



Greg Lake lyrics via You Tube

"They said there'll be snow at Christmas 
They said there'll be peace on earth 
But instead it just kept on raining 
A veil of tears for the virgin's birth 
I remember one Christmas morning 
A winters light and a distant choir 
And the peal of a bell and that Christmas tree smell 
And their eyes full of tinsel and fire 

They sold me a dream of Christmas
They sold me a silent night 
And they told me a fairy story 
'till I believed in the Israelite 
And I believed in father Christmas 
And I looked at the sky with excited eyes 
'till I woke with a yawn in the first light of dawn 
And I saw him and through his disguise 

I wish you a hopeful Christmas 
I wish you a brave new year 
All anguish pain and sadness 
Leave your heart and let your road be clear 
They said there'll be snow at Christmas 
They said there'll be peace on earth 
Hallelujah noel be it heaven or hell 
The Christmas you get you deserve."

..........................

From Songfacts: "I believe in Father Christmas" released in 1975:
Lake was the lead singer and guitarist for Emerson, Lake and Palmer. The group rarely released singles, and cracked the UK Top 40 just once, with "Fanfare for the Common Man" in 1977. Like "I Believe In Father Christmas," that song also made it to #2....
  • Lake (from Mojo magazine): "I find it appalling when people say it's politically incorrect to talk about Christmas, you've got to talk about 'The Holiday Season.' Christmas was a time of family warmth an love. There was a feeling of forgiveness, acceptance. And I do believe in Father Christmas.""

  • ......................

    Greg Lake died in December 2016 at age 69






    ..........

    No comments:

    Followers

    Blog Archive

    About Me

    My photo
    I'm the daughter of a World War II Air Force pilot and outdoorsman who settled in New Jersey.